Junior UI/UX Designer
FULL-TIME | REMOTE
Hi there! We are Red Clay Creative, and we are looking for a skilled junior UI/UX Designer who will collaborate on conceptualizing and executing beautiful, user-centered websites for clients who do good for the world. You will work with our small (but mighty) team so your role will be central to our company’s success. This means you must be confident in your skills, but willing to learn and be adaptable to whatever comes your way.
Our ideal candidate would be someone that has a very strong design portfolio that illustrates your process, is an excellent communicator and problem solver, and who works independently. You must submit a portfolio to be considered.
This position is fully remote, but we would prefer someone in the Eastern time zone. Bonus points if you are close to Washington D.C. This position is not available for Visa sponsorship or C2C work.
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of work experience in designing websites. Experience in other design fields will be considered if your portfolio includes web design work.
- A degree or work experience in a design field such as UI/UX, graphic design, or human-centered design.
- An impressive portfolio that illustrates excellent graphic skills and shows an emphasis on process. The portfolio should include examples of professional or personal work, including but not limited to sketches, wireframes, user flows, interactive prototypes, and open-source project contributions.
- Knowledge of user-centered design, usability principles, and techniques.
- Familiar with responsive UX design methodologies (wireframing, prototyping, mockups)
- Skilled in the Adobe Suite and UX design tools, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, XD, and Figma. Bonus points if you know After Effects, Principle or other animating tools.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS is preferred.
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills.
- Organized with strong time management skills.
- Proficient using style guides and working with design systems.
- Creative thinker with problem-solving skills, keen attention to detail, and who likes to ask questions.
- Works independently but knows when to lean on the power of the team and seek advice
- Takes initiative to do the work and doesn’t need hand holding
This role blends graphic design with UI/UX design. On any given day, you should be comfortable using your skills to do anything from creating a logo, to creating an InDesign document, to designing a new website.
- Be responsible for developing flow diagrams, wireframes, storyboards, digital prototypes, etc., as needed to communicate design ideas to the rest of the team and to clients.
- Collaborate with developers to ensure the designs are properly implemented
- Use InDesign to create project proposals, client documents, and publications.
- Create custom graphics for clients using Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Bonus points if you are skilled in creating animations and interactions (such as creating Lottie files, gifs, short videos, etc.).
About the job
- Full Time
- Remote – If you live in the D.C. area, we meet up as a team a few times a year to work or do an activity such as hiking or volunteering.
- Retirement Account + Employer Contributions
- Flexible Vacation